News & Events
Convention Is October 1-2
Registration forms for the event are available now!
Join us for a golf outing at the convention!
2018 Convention Photos & Presentations
Several people took advantage of the opportunity to take their state license exams at the MWQA annual convention in October. The two-day event featured several informative seminars, a vendor fair, and an opportunity to take exams for many Minnesota licenses.
Presentations available for download include:
- “Are We Polluting Our Drinking Water?” presented by Peter Cartwright, P.E.
- “POE Treatment With Membranes” presented by Peter Cartwright, P.E.
- “Non-Community Public Water Supply Small Systems Plan Approval” presented by Alex Bartley and Anita Anderson of the Minnesota Department of Health
- “Upflow Brining: Best Practices” presented by Matt Wirth of Canature
- “Maximizing Chloride Reduction in Water Softening Systems” presented by Jeff Hellenbrand of Hellenbrand Water Center
- “Minnesota Plumbing Code Regulations” presented by MWQA Staff
Thanks to all the speakers who took the time to present at the MWQA Convention.
Among the presentations that can be downloaded:
- “Wastewater Recovery & Reuse Technologies” presented by Peter Cartwright
- “RO Basics & Troubleshooting” presented by Bill Loyd of Dow Water Processes
- “Ion Exchange Resins” presented by Carl Galletti of Resintech
- “Minnesota Plumbing Code Update” presented by Scott Hamilton of IAPMO
- “Legal Issues for Business” presented by Scott Schiesser of MWQA
MWQA’s 2016 convention included several educational presentations, as well as the National WQA’s Fundamentals Course, which is the second step in the Modular Education Program. Attendees with Minnesota water conditioning licenses were able to obtain all the credits needed to renew their license, and those with Wisconsin licenses were also granted credit. In addition, attendees were given the opportunity to earn PEX certification cards at a presentation by Viega, and heard from Charlie Durenberger of the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry.
Here is a list of speakers along with a link to their presentations.
Scott Schiesser, “Introduction to Water Filtration.”
Mike Herman, “Minnesota Plumbing Code Regulations.”
Scott Schiesser, “Introduction to Water Softening.”
Matt Palmersten, “UV Basics and Design.”
Sara Heger, University of Minnesota,“Salt and Chloride Discharge Effects on Minnesota Waters.”
The 2015 Minnesota Plumbing Code, Chapter 4714, took effect Jan. 23, 2016. The code incorporates by reference the 2012 edition of the Uniform Plumbing Code with Minnesota amendments and replaces the old Minnesota Rules, Chapter 4715.
- 2015 Minnesota Plumbing Code*
- Plumbing Code Fact Sheet (PDF)
- What you need to know about the 2015 Minnesota Plumbing Code
*The detailed version of the Minnesota Plumbing Code linked above is available here for your convenience. However, the Office of the Revisor of Statutes publishes the official codes.
Changes to State License Exams
Testing for Water Conditioning exams now takes place several times throughout the year and at several locations in Minnesota. Tests are no longer given twice a year. Click on the link below to find the exam dates and locations that will work for you. You can also schedule your exam online.