Code of Ethics
The Minnesota Water Quality Association is dedicated to promoting the highest standards of honesty, integrity, fair dealing and professionalism in the water quality improvement industry.
To promote these principles, WQA has created the Water Quality Improvement Industry Code of Ethics which the MWQA abides by. The Code of Ethics educates industry members and provides guidance concerning appropriate standards of conduct for their dealings with customers, each other, members or related industries, and the public at large.
Specifically, the Code of Ethics outlines the following for industry members:
- General obligations to conduct themselves as informed, law-abiding citizens.
- Obligations to the public to conduct sound and competitive business practices.
- Guidelines to follow in marketing their products and services.
- Obligations to serve their customers competently, honestly, and promptly.
- Obligations to professionalism: to maintain and advance their knowledge of and skills in the technologies used by the water quality improvement industry.
The Minnesota Water Quality Association stands firmly behind the Water Quality Improvement Industry Code of Ethics, and has procedures in place to handle both formal and informal Code of Ethics complaints.