MWQA Annual Convention
Everything You Need To Know About Our Annual Event!
The 2021 Annual Convention is scheduled for October 19-20 at the Holiday Inn in Lakeville, Minnesota. We’re looking forward to seeing everyone at our in-person event this fall! Watch your mail, email, and this website for updates.
Tentative Schedule – All class credits are pending approval by Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry. Classes, and class titles, are preliminary and subject to change.
Tuesday, October 19
7:30 a.m. Check-in for convention registrants; pick up packets
8 a.m. – 11 a.m. Vendor Fair Setup (any time between 8 – 11)
8 – 9 a.m. MWQA Annual Meeting for MWQA members only.
- Presentations by Legislative Team, Board Members
- Presentation by Dave Schulenberg, Executive Director, Minnesota Water Well Association
- Board elections, legislative report, update on other issues
9 – 11 a.m. Seminars
- Brooke Asleson, “MPCA Update on Chloride Issues in Minnesota”
- Peter Cartwright, “PFA Contaminants & Drinking Water”
11 a.m. Vendor Fair Opens
11:45 a.m. Buffet Lunch
1 – 4 p.m. Seminars
- Phil Olsen – “Why Iron Filters Fail & How to Ensure They Never Will”
- Randy Lorge – IAPMO – “Pipe Sizing & Pressure Loss Considerations Using the New 2020 Minnesota Plumbing Code”
- Tentative Code Seminar – Minnesota Department of Health
4 – 6 p.m. Vendor Fair and Reception
Wednesday, October 20
7:30 a.m. Continental Breakfast in Seminar Area
8 a.m. – 1 p.m. Seminars
- Rich Davison, Soderholm & Associates – “Cross Connection Control & Backflow Prevention”
- Thomas Eisert, Minnesota Department of Labor & Industry – “Minn. Plumbing Code Update”
Check out our complete schedule, along with registration forms for attendees, sponsors and vendors:2021-Convention-Registration
To reserve a room at the Holiday Inn within the MWQA’s room block, contact the hotel at 952-469-1134 and mention the Minnesota Water Quality Association room block. You can also book online at www.hilakeville.com and use the block code MWQ (Note: NOT MWQA).