What You Need to Know
MWQA suggests that you consider these factors before selecting a company or vendor to supply equipment or services to meet your unique water quality needs.
Make sure the company:
- Has an office address
- Has a “Certified Water Specialist” (certification issued by the WQA) in their employ or has had ample experience in the industry
- Has a contractor’s license or a city business license
- Employs people who hold a valid Water Conditioning Master, Journeyworker or Plumbing license.
- Is part of the local business community with memberships in good standing with organizations such as the Chamber of Commerce or the Better Business Bureau
- Is a member of the Minnesota Water Quality Association (MWQA) or the National Water Quality Association (WQA)
- Can provide you with product warranty information
- Can provide the means to determine that your equipment is operating properly
- Will provide instructions on the care of your equipment and how to get system maintenance